1) Dance Groups are to consist of teams of ten (10) to thirty (30) participants.
2) All Participants of each Dance Group must be either a United States citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States. All Participants will be required to provide proof of their status as a citizen or permanent resident.
3) Participants who are affiliated with or have any personal or familiar relationship with any staff members of 5678 Media Group or the judges for this event must disclose this information at the time of entry or as soon as such affiliation or relationship becomes known to the entrant. a. 5678 Media Group reserves the right to determine that any individual Participant or Dance Group is ineligible due to their affiliation or relationship with the staff of 5678 Media Group or the judges for this event.
4) Dance Groups may not change the composition of the group once registered. a. 5678 Media Group reserves the right to make exception to this rule in the case of medical or other unforeseen emergency circumstances.
5) 5678 Media Group reserve the right to supplement or waive any eligibility requirements at their discretion.
1) All submissions will be placed into one of two categories a. Youth – group participants aged 7 -14 b. Adult – group participants over the age of 14 2) It is the responsibility of each Dance Group to alert 5678 Media Group if they believe that the group has been placed in the wrong category. Failure to promptly notify 5678 Media Group in a prompt manner may result in an inability for the dance group to be moved into a different category.
1) Dance Groups may perform any recognized dance style
2) All performances must be performed to Indian music.
1) A minimum of twenty (20) teams will be selected based upon video submissions.
2) Dance Groups must apply online at www.danceusadance.us and submit their video along with a Ten Dollar ($10.00) application fee before March 18, 2017. a. Video Submissions are to be uploaded to YouTube and the Dance Group name and video URL are to be provided on the application.
3) Video Submissions can qualify for the Final Event in one of two ways. a. Judge’s Choice - 5678 Media Group will have a panel of judges that will also choose 5 Youth and 5 Adult teams to compete in the national dance competition.
4) Dance Groups who participate through video submissions must understand and acknowledge that when they upload their videos, their username and name(s) will be in the title for the audience. This will be important for when the viewers and judges vote for the teams that will be eligible for the national-level dance competition.
5) Video Submission must be no longer than 5 minutes. The video may have a short introduction at the beginning that is no longer than 30 seconds.
6) Videos Submissions must NOT contain any sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory, illegal, offensive, threatening, profane or harassing activities.
7) The videos must be submitted on YouTube before March 18th and the link must be submitted via the application form. You may NOT change or update the video after the deadline. If you need to update the video before the deadline, please contact 5678 Media Group so they may work with the team to make the changes.
1) Live Regional Qualifiers will be held in the following cities:
1) Wild Card Entry teams, are Dance Groups that can be chosen for the final competition. The selection can be made from a guest judge or may be selected by a digital audience. A maximum of one Wild Card Youth team and/or one Wild Card Adult team may be chosen. The selected Dance Group will be given a one-week time limit in order to give 5678 Media Group an answer if they will attend or not, and make appropriate arrangements for the trip to New Jersey from their respective city.
1) Registration information for the event may include the following.
2) 5678 Media Group represents that it will only use the personal information of any Dance Group or Participant for the event. 5678 Media Group will not advertise or use the entrant’s personal information, such as name, email, gender, or age.
4) The site and services are for a general audience, and are not targeted to children. Site operators do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
1) On March 25th the final 20 teams will be announced via social media and personal emails. Once announced, the each member of the team is required to pay $50 per person in registration fees and is responsible for 3 tickets at a discounted $35 per ticket. In total each participant will be required to pay $155 plus taxes and fees through Eventbrite.
2) Each member of a Dance Group selected for the April 15, 2017 competition will be required to pay a Fifty Dollar ($50) registration fee, and to purchase 3 tickets to the event at the discounted price of Thirty-Five Dollars ($35) each.a. It is in every Dance Group’s best interest that they attempt to garner views and likes through the fan favorite category along with having the chance to be handpicked by a judge.
3) Any Dance Group that sells more than fifty (50) total tickets as a group will be entitled to a refund of each participant’s Fifty Dollar ($50) registration fee.a. Additional tickets may be purchased through 5678 Media Group by email at www.danceusadance.us. Additional tickets will be sold at face value of Fifty Dollars ($50) per ticket.
1) Event Information
2) Judging Criteria for National Dance Competition at Final Eventa. All performances at the Final Event will be judged based upon the following criteria:
3) Travel and Accomodationsa. All Dance Groups, Participants and their families will be responsible for obtaining and paying for their own their own travel and accommodations to participate in the Final Event. b. Please check the www.danceusadance.us website and social media accounts for discounted accommodations arranged by 5678 Media Group as they come available.
4) Dance Groups are required to provide their own music.a. Dance Groups must provide a CD or USB drive containing the music to accompany their performance, formatted as a MP3 file. NO OTHER FORMS OF MEDIA WILL BE ALLOWED.
5) Restrictionsa. The following will not be permitted in the performance at the Final Event:
6) Participation of Minorsa. 5678 Media Group requires all minors that are participating or entering the event to be accompanied by their parents or guardian whom are 21 and older.
7) Friends/Family Accessa. 5678 Media Group welcomes all friends and families to attend for support. We just ask our attendees to keep in mind that only parents and guardians of Participants under the age of eighteen (18) are allowed in the green room (backstage)..
8) Family Environmenta. This is a family event, which means no sexually explicit dances and/or costumes will be allowed. b. Parents and guardians will have to show a photo ID (License, school ID, etc.). c. If Participants or attendees are under the age of 18 and will be at the event, they will have to have someone who is at least 21 years of age to be there as well to supervise the underage individual(s) through the entire event.
9) Waiver and Releasea. All Participants in the Final Event will be required to execute a Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement. b. Participants under the age of Eighteen (18) will be required to have a parent or guardian sign a Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk as well.